Things That Have Happened In May

Does anyone else feel like May is already flying by? This year needs to just slow down a bit. I’m tryna enjoy the summer, here!

So if you didn’t notice, I was MIA for the better part of the month, just like last month. I have to update you on what I’ve been doing, eating, etc., so this is my attempt at that!

First up, I graduated! What’s uppppp.

IMG_3827

IMG_3839

IMG_3825

Yeah, so that was pretty cool! It seems a bit crazy to me that after four years of work and fun it’s all over in a few hours. We had to move out of my apartment that same day, so the whole weekend was gone in a flash. Currently, I’m living back in Pittsburgh and on the job hunt.

Second, I’ve been eating a whole lot of good stuff. Maybe a bit too much good stuff ;)

Kedron, who my dad fondly calls Kendrick, came to visit me the last few days of the school year to help me get through graduation. It was so sweet of her, so of course we had to take a trip to her fave Athens restaurant, which I’ve talked about only a million times, Casa. Ignore the finger in the corner of the frame.

IMG_3751

The night before graduation, my parents and Adam headed into town to help move me out, and we ended the long day of packing and snapping at each other with a relaxing dinner at my favorite, Purple Chopstix. I had the Veggie Pesto Pasta. It was as fabulous as I’d hoped.

IMG_3765

That same day was also Adam’s 18th birthday! He’s officially an “adult!” I bought him this cake at Kroger (which, can I add, I miss Kroger dearly. PLEASE, Kroger execs, if you are listening, come to Pennsylvania again. My life isn’t the same without you). Anyway, the cake was delicious – icing was phenom.

IMG_3766

Last week, I met up with my bestie, Emily, and we headed out to our favorite sushi restaurant. We got the spicy tuna avocado roll and the first date roll. I liked the first date roll, but I didn’t love that there was fried shrimp in the middle.

IMG_3943

And last night, I met up with Cassie – yes I was with her all weekend, but I love her a lot so I try to see her as much as poss – for these salads we were craving at Shady Grove (we both ate there with Erin once separately!). The salads hit the spot.

IMG_0001

So that’s that! It’s summa summa summa time, and I’m ready to spend it out in the sunshine. Oh! wait one more thing. I finally made an appointment to find out what is up with my knee. It’s still a month away, but I’ll keep you in the loop.

Questions of the Day:
>> Do you have restaurants that you keep going back to again and again? All of the ones above I’ve been to at least once before.
>> Tell me something that’s new with you! I feel disconnected!

FacebookTwitterGoogle+PinterestStumbleUponShare

Comments

1. says

Congratulations on your graduation! I can’t imagine how it must feel to work so hard for so long and be finished so quickly! My husband and I have a little deli chain near us called the Smiling Moose. I don’t know how big the chain is, but it is incredibly delicious and I highly recommend it if you ever are near one. :) Not much is new with me! A little over two weeks until my Half marathon and last week I signed up for summer classes! Woohoo! Glad to have you back!

• says

Thank you! I feel like I’ve heard of the Smiling Moose before, but then again I was talking about moose this weekend so maybe that’s what I’m thinking of? I’m glad to be back! I hope you’re gearing up for your half, that’s so exciting!

2. says

Congrats on being done lady! It’s freakin’ hot here today so that salad looks pretty perfect right about now. I definitely have favourite restaurants around here that I’ll go to over and over – Bella Jacks is my favourite Mexican place, 168 Sushi for (duh) sushi, and Mein Street for Asian-y food. If it ain’t broke!

• says

Thank youuu! It’s really hot here today too. I tried laying out today but I didn’t make it for long before I was sweating too much. Bella Jacks doesn’t sound like a Mexican place but I guess there are weirder names out there haha

3. says

Hahaha I love your graduation cap decoration!! Congrats on graduating!! In a whirlwind the same thing happened to most of my friends. They graduated on Saturday and had to move on Sunday :( The salad from Shady Grove looks super delicious. I definitely go back to the same places repetitively! There are a few Mexican restaurants that are my favorite and breakfast places too!

• says

Thank you haha! I was proud of the cap. When you find a good restaurant you can’t help but go back! I love new places but when you get a trusty one you have to stick to it! I’m very loyal to breakfast places.

4. says

I missed you in May! I’m glad to hear that you were out there living and enjoying life, but dang girl! You need to keep me up to date on these things! :P Actually, I should probably stop procrastinating and get better at answering e-mails :oops: Doing thatttt…. now ;)

• says

Hahah no worries girl, I won’t be disappearing again! I know you were just over at spoons making smoothie recipes that I was dying over. I’m trying to make your cake batter one from today asap.

5. says

Congratulations, love!! I totally understand why you had to take a step back from the blog – too much real life happening! What kinds of jobs are you looking for? One thing going on with me…I finished my silks class! Last night was the last class, and I passed! Woohoo!

Trackbacks