Good morning, everyone!
I hope your week is progressing well. Tomorrow is Friday so it’s almost weekend time!! Hang in there
First, I HAVE to comment on the awesome win by my Pittsburgh Penguins last night. We totally killed the Ottawa Senators, 7-3 if you are wondering. WoOoO!
I also have to share what may be THE funniest thing I’ve seen all week long (but it may not be funny to everyone since it’s locally based but bear with me).
Evgeni Malkin, one of the Pens’ star players, is from Russia. He came over to play specifically for Pittsburgh, and when he got here he knew very little English. It’s improved since then, but everyone still loves to give him a hard time for his broken speech, mostly because it’s funny and adorable. One of our local radio hosts tweeted this out on Sunday’s game after Malkin landed in the goal:
I DIED. I laughed for at least 5 minutes because all I could hear was his deep voice saying “I’m score.” Too funny.
Now to the real topic of today: my summer 2013 bucket list! I’ve never made one before, but now that I have a place to share it, I figured why not?! With my internship starting soon, I want to have some concrete plans that I can hold myself to even when things get busy.
1. I first heard about grilled pizza off of this gorgeous soon-to-be mama’s blog (it’s very trendy to be pregnant or a new mom in the blog world right now ). After I made it for the first time, I was hooked! Can’t let summer pass without it.
2. Reading for fun falls to the wayside during the school year, so I want to make sure I fit in time for it this summer. I miss reading so much! I want to start by finishing out the Southern Vampire Series (aka the True Blood series). I started it in HS and still haven’t finished.
3. This one should be easy, considering we are going away later this summer! I didn’t get to the beach last year, so I am craving sand and salt water.
4. I am lucky enough to have a farmer’s market in Athens, but my immediate hometown does not host a farmer’s market. I want to find one close enough in Pittsburgh so I can go a few times. One that I know of is during the workday every Thursday so I can’t go to it. The timing makes no sense to me.
5. I don’t love baseball, but I love the nostalgia of it. And the food. I have to make it to PNC park at least once!
6. I’m not super crafty, but I see cool DIY projects on Pinterest all.the.time. I want to expand my creativity by trying to make something pretty. I’m not sure what yet, though! I can, however, paint a pretty mean wine glass already.
7. I used to be scared of fireworks when I was young, but now I love them! I haven’t gone to a field to watch them on the 4th in years, so I thought it would be fun to include that on my list.
8. Kennywood is a local amusement park. I have so many memories there it is almost unbelievable. I didn’t get to go last summer (which meant missing out on their famous Potato Patch french fries), but I am definitely going this year for my brother’s school picnic!
Question of the Day:
What’s something on your summer 2013 bucket list?